May 6, 2014

12 Resolutions: May (and April recap)

This year I'm playing along with #12Resolutions on Twitter and Facebook. The idea is to set yourself short-term, achievable goals, one each month. 

For April I set myself a very achievable goal (which I stole from Dr Bron who posted it for April herself): VISIT MY GP.

Yay, I succeeded!

It sounds simple. And it is. And it was. And yet it was something I had put off for FOUR years. I had my very overdue Pap test and had blood tests done and all is well and I can carry on.  Without that 'must visit the GP' thing nagging at the back of my head as it has for the last four years.

So it's time (a bit late actually) to set my resolution for May.

Late last year I enrolled in a professional accreditation course for Project Management, which is what I do for a living but I don't have the fancy letters to put on my CV to show off with. 

So far I've done very little of it.  I have done the important things of course: created inbox folders and Evernote folders, saved sites to my browser favourites, logged into my online library and downloaded books and articles of interest (some of them even related to my course). I've opened up each course in turn (there are four), looked through the modules and the topics and tried to guage how long each one will take me and which one I should do first. Last month I made a start and have done three topics in the first module.

But, I will admit, even though I have done all of that, I still have a lot to get through if I want to finish this course and sit my accreditation exams before the year is out. 

I want to finish the courses by end of the financial year, so my next few #12Resolutions are probably going to be about this.  I'll keep my posts brief as online study for business-related courses is not as fascinating as it sounds.


I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I'M DOING (9GAG)




#12Resolutions:

January: walk 5 times a week (done - I now walk daily)
February: write 2 short stories (failed - wrote none!)
March: write 1 short story, and start Project Management course (done)
April: visit GP and complete or schedule the follow-ups (done)

May: complete one module of Project Management course

3 comments:

  1. Going well. And I like your monthly resolutions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jackie, You are well organized person,. In the future it will be better. My fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...