Apr 13, 2014

Sunday Selections #167

It's time for Sunday Selections!
Sunday Selections is a weekly meme hosted by River at Drifting Through Life. 

The rules are very simple:-
1. post photos of your choice, old or new, under the Sunday Selections title
2. link back to River somewhere in your post
3. leave a comment on River's post and visit some of the others who have posted and commented: for example:
    Andrew at High Riser
    Gillie at Random Thoughts From Abroad
    


Here is a selection from the last couple of weeks:

School holidays means the girls could have a friend over for a sleepover. Here they are in a completely candid, unposed shot, just delightful:



Here is the fallout from the sleepover the next day, just delightful:


I found a surprise in the veggie bin this week (Y does most of the fruit and veggie shopping): the world's largest tomato. It was twice the size of my palm and my photography skills were not up to the task of showcasing it:


It was a week of mutant edibles.  M. found this grape which I at first thought was a set of conjoined twins and then realised was actually conjoined quadruplet grapes. Again, the photo doesn't capture it, but it was huge and weird, believe me:


Rather full on at Greek school for the Greek national day recently:  the caption on this colouring exercise reads "Freedom or Death".



This week we had four days of rain.  This is how the dog spent most of it:


Cooler, rainy weather also makes Tia more cuddly:



Here is a drawing M. did of Scooby Doo. I found this on a bit of scrap paper and it was so good I got a shock:



And here is A's drawing of a dress-up party: love it:



During the sleepover I moved this lounge chair into the kitchen to make my own little loungeroom so I could watch TV as well. Harry was also pleased to take back "his" chair:


Here's my little personal loungeroom. Sweet ambience:




What did you get up to this week?

9 comments:

  1. Wow. A busy, busy week. We had rather a lot of rain too. Which the cats celebrated by opening the wardrobe and moulting copiously on all our clothing. Note to self: I need to buy more black clothing, or try and rock the 'furry' colours...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, your girls have an ocean of toys but it's normal. Your dog is very tired and sleepy cause of weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have way too many toys. Yes, the dog had the right idea with this weather.

      Delete
  3. I think it is a terrific idea for wife and mother to have her own little lounge room in the kitchen. It must be so convenient for her to be so close to the food preparation area and lots of appliances, and of course the sink.

    PS Great Sunday Selections!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw...he looks so happy in his chair.

    ReplyDelete
  5. He does love his chair, and gets a bit unhappy wen I sit in it. As soon as I get up for something he jumps in. The chair is now permanently in the kitchen/dining area. I use it a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember days when most kitchens were bigger and had an armchair pulled close to the wood stove so the cook could sit and darn socks (read) in between other chores.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those old house designs made a lot of sense.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...